chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com Forum Index chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com
An active archive of the old Eastbourne-Elemental site.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thursday draft or sunday at some point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com Forum Index -> Multiplayer and the Rest.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talk_to_the_hand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get the packs for an X player CBS draft where X is equal to or greater than 8. I can also get prize support in the form of S boosters, though I;d need to break even. Tell me if you're interested.
Don't let the Evil Zombie Blood-Sucking Voodoo Squirrels take over the world.<br><br>Wurmjockey online.<br>Team bthedark leader.<br><br>drop me a line at zoneofenders4@hotmail.com or messenger me. We can talk about strategy and stuff.
Shane
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense Rob but the club manages to get hold of stock fairly easily (in fact it still has a box or two). Running events however is a little more than supplying boosters and prizes. For instance not a lot of members can afford or even want to pay for drafts every other day. Another reason is that members just simply don't seem to be turning up for events at the moment.

I would suggest you contact Dave and ask for his thoughts, although I suspect that a Booster draft on Thursday isn't that far away right now.

Running one on a Sunday however is not going to happen for at least a couple of weeks as we have the pre-release and then release weekend (NOTE NO SNEAK PEEK).

After that however we expect to be running a Type 2 and then a booster draft, with perhaps another limited (sealed) deck event a few weeks after that.

Best to speak to Dave anyway.
:blink:
Talk_to_the_hand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine, I just did it before and I dunno why the club didn't have the stock, o well.
Don't let the Evil Zombie Blood-Sucking Voodoo Squirrels take over the world.<br><br>Wurmjockey online.<br>Team bthedark leader.<br><br>drop me a line at zoneofenders4@hotmail.com or messenger me. We can talk about strategy and stuff.
Shane
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry the club *didn't have the stock* when?

If you want to run an event then thats cool, but why spend your money buying boosters when the club already has them? Doesn't it sort of defeat the object? Are you able to run an event for less than the club? Can you sanction and judge an event? Can you offer prize support (wizards at the very least). Look at it this way - A standard booster draft is one box. Thats 8 players with prize support. The club can do this for between 5.50 (club members) and 6.50 (non members) now thats a whole box.. So work it out the easy way 8 x 5.50 = ?44.00 Can you get boxes for this prize? or how about 8 x 6.50 = ?52.00 ? Remember due to recent events the club has decided to run with Wizards prize support and no more no less. The cost does come down if we run a limited event based on boosters because we don't give out a whole box as prizes, not to mention the prize support from wizards, but even so its going to be expensive.

If you want to run an event then I think you need to speak to Dave, I have no problem with you organising an event if you so desire, but I suspect you should discuss it with club members. Also bear in mind a lot of members will not be able to attend as they have other comments (RL for instance), not too mention that some don't have a lot of funds available.

I'm afraid that whenever we have tried to move forward with an event or idea you have suggested we have gone nowhere, so your excuse me if I take this with a large pinch of salt and move on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com Forum Index -> Multiplayer and the Rest. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: