chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com Forum Index chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com
An active archive of the old Eastbourne-Elemental site.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joshua Claytor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com Forum Index -> Type 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talk_to_the_hand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is for the discussion of Joshua Claytor's newest deck concept, Pinpin.dec, which is actually very strong.

Hanging with Scottie Pinpin
7 Forest
4 City of Brass
4 Tendo Ice Bridge
1 Mountain
1 Island
1 Swamp
1 Plains
1 Mirrodin's Core
1 Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
21 Lands

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
4 Eternal Witness
3 Etched Oracle
1 Bringer of the Blue Dawn
1 Duplicant
1 Meloku, the Clouded Mirror
18 Creatures

4 Gifts Ungiven
3 Kodama's Reach
2 Condescend
1 Wrath of God
1 Engineered Explosives
1 Naturalize
1 Persecute
1 Echoing Truth
1 Clearwater Goblet
1 Terror
1 Rude Awakening
1 Cranial Extraction
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Splinter
1 Plow Under
1 Crystal Shard
22 Spells

Sideboard
1 Dosan the Falling Leaf
1 All Suns' Dawn
1 Naturalize
1 Pyroclasm
1 Flashfires
1 Boil
1 Defense Grid
1 Sowing Salt
1 Karma
1 Circle of Protection: White
1 Eradicate
1 Quash
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Sacred Ground
1 Circle of Protection: Red

discuss

Don't let the Evil Zombie Blood-Sucking Voodoo Squirrels take over the world.<br><br>Wurmjockey online.<br>Team bthedark leader.<br><br>drop me a line at zoneofenders4@hotmail.com or messenger me. We can talk about strategy and stuff.
Shane
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually looks very much like a lot of the decks from old..

This would have been called a Utility belt deck if it had been around back in 4th Edition days as it covers a lot of areas and does seem strong/weak in any one.

I quiet like the way it can take control and keep it.

I would go for a more agressive deck myself, but I have played decks like this before with a great deal of success. If played right you have a very good chance of winning game one and locking out game 2 (going 1-0). How it would handle a fast Red or Green deck I don't know, some deck testing would need to be done to get any solid idea.

But I think it certainly looks promising.

Anything with Birds AND city wins me over any day ;)

In fact Stu, myself and Dave all commented that Birds haven't seen play in Tier 1 decks for sometime. I then went on to trounce Stu with a Birds inspired deck though hehe Wink
Talk_to_the_hand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birds haven't dominated T2, but they will when birds, llanowar elves, and a tpped return of witness in 9th edition are all legal at the same time!!

Birds is a liability in most of the decks right now though, because sakura tribe elder is strictly better in the format since removal doesn't stop it dead.
I don't want to get into an argument about which is better but birds is certainly a very powerful card in legacy in extended, being present in 3 or 4 top decks in both formats. Birds, I think, is in the recent Paris regionals top 8 rg and mono g beats decks.

I love wakefield's argument about why mono green beats as it is now known isn't really mono green beats;

"Sakura-Tribe Elder, Birds of Paradise and Eternal Witness are not Beatdown or even Aggro. They are Green control.
Forest go.
Forest, play a 1/1, sac him to go get another Forest, is not beatdown.
Forest, Ghazban, Go.
Forest, Rancor, Rancor, pitch a card for Bounty, attack for nine on turn 2 is BEATDOWN."

Don't let the Evil Zombie Blood-Sucking Voodoo Squirrels take over the world.<br><br>Wurmjockey online.<br>Team bthedark leader.<br><br>drop me a line at zoneofenders4@hotmail.com or messenger me. We can talk about strategy and stuff.
Talk_to_the_hand
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's done three articles recently but they all cost money (scg premium)

He's been designing mono green and he loves how green is like the best colour right now, but he can't beat sirmishers with SoFI Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    chains-archive - Eastbourne-Elemental.com Forum Index -> Type 2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: